1. “Wanna Be That Song“ by Brett Eldredge
2. “Rodeo” by MacKenzie Porter
3. “Some Beach“ by Blake Shelton
4. “Middle of a Memory“ by Cole Swindel
5. “Crash and Burn“ by Thomas Rhett
6. “It Girl“ by Petric
7. “Road Less Traveled“ by Lauren Alaina
8. “Mayday” by Cam
9. “Lights Come On“ by Jason Aldean
10. “One Little Kiss“ by Dallas Smith
Spring Break is swiftly approaching, and we are so ready to trade in our mittens and gloves for bikinis and tank tops. Check out these ideas for an amazing Spring Break!
- Shopping trip (treat yo' self!)
- Dine at a fancy restaurant
- Go to the movies
- Water gun or water balloon fight
- Jump rope
- Play with sidewalk chalk (the possibilities are endless here from doodles to games)
- Construct a blanket fort
- Shoot at the local gun range
- Horseback riding
- DIY projects
- Hammock naps
- Get a new tattoo or piercing
- Make a playlist
- Learn something new!
- Do something creative every day (art project, write, etc.)
- Go for a run
- Take lots of pictures (go on an adventure, vacation, come up with a photo set, etc.)
- Break in your new boots (go line dancing!)
- Enjoy the sunrise and sunset
- Decorate your house/apartment/room
- Summer clean up (clean out your car, house, closet, laptop, etc and start fresh!)
- Host a Yard Sale
- Canoeing or kayaking
- Get a full makeover (hair cut, makeup, new sexy outfit, etc.)
- Plant a garden (flowers, veggies, fruits, etc.)
- Make a new friend
- Write a letter
- Rollerblade or rollerskate
- Go down a Zip-Line
- Host a party
- Explore a town/city
- Slip 'n' Slide
- Play boardgames
- Ride a roller coaster
- Try new food (eat, drink and be merry!)
- Random acts of kindness
- Visit an old friend/family members you haven't seen in a while
- Dye eggs
- Eat lots of candy
- Parks (local, state, national)
- A city you've always dreamed of going to (New York City, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Nashville, Austin, Miami, Boston, London, Berlin, Boise, etc.)
- A resort
- Amusement Park or Water Park
- County Fair
- Concert or music festival
- "Tourist Traps" (Statue of Liberty, the Hollywood Sign, Disney World, etc.)
- Parties People Should Totally Be Throwing
- Pool Party (Pool required)
- Splish Splash Party (Pool not required. This is for water gun and water balloon fights, slip 'n' slides, sprinklers, kiddie pools, etc.)
- Luau (here are some fun ideas)
- Slumber Party
- Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties
- Fancy Dinner Party
- Afternoon Tea
Spring Break is supposed to be fun and a time to unwind and let loose, however it can all get pretty overwhelming. Check out these tips to help you out!
Research the destination you want to go from best places to go for lodging, eats, drinks and fun!
2. Come up with a transportation plan.
Are you going by plane, train, automobile or a combination of all of the above? Renting a car or road tripping there?
3. Travel in groups!
Traveling in packs means safety, fun and more often than not discounts. Also, if you go out with a group of friends, everyone that goes together, LEAVE TOGETHER. No one gets left behind. Jennifer, put your heels back on and your cell phone out of the bathroom sink, we're gonna go home.
Limit eating out to special occasions. When you first arrive at your destination, head to the grocery store to pick up food and snacks. Eating out can get expensive after the fourth or fifth time, also hotels love to gouge when it comes to the mini bar!
5. Drink responsibly or in the company of someone responsible.
Make sure to have a "designated sober." A DS is a designated driver, guide or caretaker. This individual is responsible for making sure his friends drink within their limits, get home safely and don't get into too much trouble. Keep an eye on your drinks too, lads and ladies alike. Also, while at bars purchase local brews - they're often cheaper and you get to experience a taste of the town!
-Read magazines or the book you've been meaning to finish
-Go to a spa, or give yourself a home spa day! (do your nails, get a few ladies together for facials and manicures, take a long hot shower or bubble bath, pamper yourself!)
-Update and clean out your iTunes library
-Go shopping! (at www.redneckcouture.com to start!)
-Cook some new recipes
7. Head to a fun travel spot.
-Pacific Grove California (this fun location is a beach town with one of the largest aquariums in the world - Montery Bay Aquarium, playful sea otters, kayaking, tide pools, surfing, shops, the Cottage of Sweets, and Carmel-by-the-Sea full of fun!)
-East Coast Shores
-New Jersey Shores (From Wildwood or Ocean City to Atlantic City! The Jersey Shores are actually home to more than fist bumping reality star idiots such as beautiful beaches, boardwalks with shops, eats and games and more!)
-Road Trip! (check out our article on the best tips and tricks for your road trip.)
-Concerts or festivals
8. Soundtrack for your Spring Break!
Luke Bryan is famous for his Spring Break albums that he has been producing for seven years. Create a fun spring break playlist full of old favorites and new tunes!
9. Student Discounts
Spring Break is important to any college student, but also most college students are super broke. However, your student ID is your way to discount after discount from everything to airfare to shopping to food! Check out these websites here, here, here, here, here and here to find out what you can get with your Student ID! Who says education doesn't pay?
Lighter Tuna Casserole by Gimme Some Oven.
8 ounces wide egg noodles
1tbsp butter or olive oil
1 medium white or yellow onion, peeled and diced (about 1.5 cups)
2 large carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups milk
2tsps Italian seasoning, homemade or store-bought
1/4tsp freshly-ground black pepper
6oz baby Bella or button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
3 (5oz) cans tuna in water, drained
1 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cook egg noodles al dente in a large pot of generously-salted water in a large stockpot according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, as the water for the noodles is cooking, melt butter (or olive oil) in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots, and saute for 5-7 minutes, or until both are soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute until fragrant. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 more minute. Whisk in the chicken stock until it is combined, then stir in the milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, mushrooms, peas and tuna. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a simmer and thickens and the mushrooms are cooked, about 4-6 more minutes.
Once the noodles are ready, add the sauce mixture to the (drained) noodles, and toss to combine. Stir in the cheddar cheese until it is evenly combined. Then you can either serve the pasta as-is at this point, or continue on to bake it.
If you are baking the casserole, pour the noodles into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the Panko breadcrumbs evenly on top of the pasta, then mist with some cooking spray. (Or I prefer to use olive oil in a Misto.) Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top of the pasta is slightly crispy and golden, and the filling is bubbly on the sides.
Remove and serve warm.
Thank you, Gimme Some Oven, for this amazing recipe and easy how to!
“To me Redneck is a sense of self and a way of life” – Gretchen Wilson
Although Philly is where we call home, we know that you do not have to live down South to have a love and appreciation of the country lifestyle – for us, country is a frame of mind, not a location.
We pride ourselves on producing high quality country inspired apparel and accessories which are made in the USA. Our apparel fuses southern spirit and couture class. Our brand strives to inspire our customers individuality and to bring out their “inner cowgirl or cowboy” with our playful line of T-shirts and tank tops.
What do your boots say about you?
Boot Bling is our custom boot accessory that will promise to take your look to the next level. Each Boot Bling boot bracelet is handmade, not mass produced. The superior craftsmanship is complimented by the high quality materials we have selected to give our customers the perfect unique accessory to spruce up any ol’ cowgirl boot. Whether you want your boots to match your outfit or if you are just trying to add shine, Redneck Couture’s Boot Bling will complete and compliment your look. Boot Bling – “What do your boots say about you?”