1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 fine shredded cheddar
Macaroni and Cheese:
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 8oz pkgs sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1tsp onion powder
1/2 8oz pkg sharp cheddar cheese
Make the chicken.
1. Mix flour, egg, milk, cheddar, salt, pepper and paprika in a large bowl until all flour clumps are gone.
2. Dump mixture into a large Ziploc baggie.
3. Add raw chicken tenderloins to baggie and shake to coat the chicken.
4. Fry chicken. Add a tablespoon of oil to a large skillet, fry chicken over medium heat (about two to three minutes each side.)
5. Set chicken to the side.
Boil farfalle noodles. Drain and set to side.
Preheat oven to 350.
Make the cheese sauce.
1. In a large pot, melt butter. Add in flour intermittently, stir until all clumps are gone.
2. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, mix. Cook until mixture is bubbly.
3. Gradually add milk and cream, stir while adding. Over medium heat, allow mixture to simmer for one minute while stirring.
4. Over low heat, add cheese until melted and combined.
5. Pour cheese sauce over noodles. Mix together.
Make the topping.
1. In a skillet, melt butter.
2. Add panko bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat, stirring a bit, for about two minutes.
3. Dump mixture in bowl. Cool.
4. Add cheese. Stir.
Dump macaroni and cheese into a large baking dish. Top with topping.
Bake dish for 20 minutes.
Remove dish from oven--KEEP OVEN ON. Add chicken to the top of the macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle any left over cheese on top. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.